1st operation finished successful. Thanks heaps for Vanessa, Shu and Jamie for being there when I came out.
Was a bit more than I expected but all things considered apart from the pain all is good.
The main initial pain was muscle pain in the shoulder. Nurses, doctors and support staff all excellent!
Today it has been confirmed that I do have cancer. I found out a week ago there was a 4 * 3 cm Tumor in my Throat. The prognosis was unclear until today. The good news is my chance of survival is good (80%).
They type of cancer I have is Squamous Cell Carcinoma, -Oropharyngeal –Tonsil. Almost certainly virally related (Human Papilloma Virus) HPV.
I seem to be lucky that although it is big it has not spread and given that I have not smoked, am young and have healthy lungs they should be able to operate. Treatment plan to be worked out next Tuesday and neck and throat clinic.
Below is a cross section of Pet Scan showing where the cancer is.
Been using the Boxer email client on the iPad for a week now and recommend it as a replacement to using the standard email client that comes with iOS.
These are what I think you will like.
– Works well with both Outlook and Gmail
– can create folders that connect across you different accounts
– you can make the swipe to the left and right work for you
– you can make it default to using Chrome as the default browser
– seamless integration with Evernote
– it remembers where you are filing emails so you don’t need to spend time saving emails into folder is quick.
– it looks great
Things that could make it great
– At the moment you can’t view a message full screen without clicking reply, this is annoying.
– if you set it up on other devices all your preferences and account setting could come along with them
– Being able to file messages from one email account into another accounts folders
– opening attachments can be problematic at times.
UPDATE: I had to delete the program from my ipad as the Syncing with Outlook was just too unreliable so was unable to use as my daily client.
Got the ZAGG Slim Book for Ipad Air 2 today from Cuzin. Being a gadget freak always excited to get some new hardware.
This is what I like so far.
– Packaging was great came ready to go and felt like I had purchased the right kit
– It is a stable platform to type from and the keys feel great
– Was easy to configure and had it working within 2 minutes of taking it out of the box
– taking the keyboard component off is easy and does not take that much effort
– feels secure and acts as a good case
This is what I don’t like so much
– the hinge is rigid which is great, but feels awkward when opening up the iPad to use quickly.
– the keyboard is definitely much smaller than standard which makes it awkward to type, but you can’t do anything about that.
– I wish the screen would bend back further so I could use it easier when on the bus or using in bed.
– Its pretty expensive, even thought I got it on Cuzin and avoided a lot of the shipping.
Overall verdict: Does the job, wish it was a little lighter 🙂
UPDATE: the case ended up breaking which had to be replaced by Warranty and then a key is come out which won’t click back-in. I have started to avoid using this cover as it creates more problems than it solves.
A few simple tips for using Google AdWords
1. Be specific and don’t use broad matches
2. Set your own bids
3. Review everyday and stop keywords that are not converting
4. Conversion is what’s important, bounce rate is 2nd, click through rate is third.
4. It is better to appear on second page and be able to afford two clicks than to have it on the first page and only be able to afford one
5. Work out what a conversion is and how valuable it is to you before you start
6. Always always set an end date for the campaign
Feel free to share with’re sponge of yours.